Why your Swolemate is your BEST training partner

Monday, February 15, 2016
In honor of Valentines Day I wanted to share why focusing on your fitness with your Swolemate is the best!



Who knows you better than your significant other? For my husband and me, we’ve found fitness to be a very rewarding aspect of our relationship. When we first started dating, we dabbled in fitness – he had a lot of knowledge and we were both motivated to get in better shape. As our relationship progressed, so did our dedication to our health. We’ve both lost weight, learned more about nutrition and compete together in 5ks and CrossFit competitions as a team.

Tour de Kale, 5K glow run

WODs for Dogs
Having my husband join me at CrossFit for 5:30am classes gives us more time together and fuels our competitive spirits. We are just as fierce to beat the other as we are when we join up on a partner workout. We know each others’ strengths and weaknesses, and motivate one another daily!


As crazy as our swolemate status is, there is no one out there who can push us harder than we can push each other! Having someone as committed as you are to your fitness and health goals can make all the difference. We both count macros and meal prep. There’s accountability to make the right choices and someone to push you along when it gets a little tough. We’ve come a long way and I can only image where our journey will take us!

Check out the full Girls Gone Sport Swolemate article, here.
Also, see what Crossfit Athlete Stacie Tovar has to say about training with her swolemate, here!

"We don’t lack in the quality time department. Sometimes we train together at the gym. Other times we’ll go for a run or a bike ride close to home."

2 comments:

  1. My husband & I work out together sometimes too and it is a nice way to hang out and do something productive together!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I do CrossFit and he's my favorite person to workout with and to partner with on partner wods. He usually finishes wods before me so he often comes to encourage me while I'm still working. Husband swolemates are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top