6 Snacks under 200 Calories

Monday, February 22, 2016
Favorite Snacks under 200 Calories.

I almost hated to title this with calories, lets be real; there is more to what you eat than just the calorie number.  Good snacks should include all macros: fats, carbs, and protein.  If you're anything like me you're always looking for yummy snacks!

So maybe this should be called simple to fix, easy to grab, healthy alternative snacks.

chocolate-chip-cookie-dough
I grabbed these from Target, because they were an additional 10% off with cartwheel and let me just say, best spur of the moment purchase  This bar satisfies your sweet tooth and doesn't hurt your waist.

I've only tried the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and I don't think there is any reason to try another.  But we also went back and grabbed the Salted Caramel and once again, tasty! 
Chocolate Chip Cookie - 100 calories - 2.5 grams fat - 17 carbs - 5 grams protein


If you asked me to pick a favorite, Id say Mint Chocolate Chip or Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (see a trend here)  The mint is new and its amazing, even husband who says he doesn't like mint stuff enjoys stealing these from my cookie jar.  The cookie dough is a staple and if you heat it for 20-25 seconds in the microwave its like eating a cookie straight from the oven.
190 calories - 8/9 grams fat - 21 carbs - 21/20 grams protein

Greek Yogurt 

I'm loving the Dannon Light & Fit Greek Blends along with the Yoplait Greek 100.
Dannon Light & Fit® Greek Yogurt – Banana Cream
So far I've had Dannon Strawberry Banana, Banana Cream, & Toasted Coconut.  All were great, but favorite is the Toasted Coconut and Banana Cream. (You can get $1 off Dannon here)

Coconut
The Yoplait Greek 100 can vary but flavor when it comes to macros.  But the Vanilla and Coconut flavors are the same and the best overall pick.
Dannon Light & Fit Greek 80 calories - 0 grams fat - 9 carbs - 12 grams protein
Yoplait Greek 100 100 calories - 0 grams fat - 11 carbs - 13 grams protein 


Fruit 
Duh! But even with fruits and veggies you have to be mindful of how much you are eating.  

Apple, sprinkled with cinnamon and Peanut Butter
1/2 medium Red Delicious Apple 85 or 100 grams 45/55 calories - 0 grams fat - 12/14 carbs - 0 protein
Jiff Natural Peanut Butter 1 tbsp=16 grams 95 calories - 8 grams fat - 4 carbs - 3.5 grams protein
Total 150 calories - 8 grams fat - 18 carbs - 3.5 grams protein

Watermelon
200 grams - 60 calories - 0.5 grams fat - 16 carbs - 1 gram protein

I don't eat these often but they are nice to have on hand, occasionally I need something packed with fat.  You probably just rolled your eyes at that and thought who actually eats fat.  Raises her hand slowly.  Because you can get these in packets its automatic portion control.
180 calories - 14 grams fat - 11 carbs - 5 grams protein

Popcorn 
Any Fat Free popcorn, topped with some seasoning.  I love the white cheddar Kernel Seasons but the options are endless.  Regular size bags will still have you coming in under 200 calories, but to be safe with your carb intake, look for the individual size bags.

Tuna
Chunk Lite Tuna Low Sodium Pouch with avocado and hot sauce.  
1 tuna pouch 70 calories -  0.5 grams fat - 0 carbs - 17 grams protein
Avocado (40 grams) 60 calories - 6 grams fat -  3.6 carbs - 0.8 grams protein
Total 130 calories - 6.5 grams fat - 3.6 carbs - 17.8 grams protein

3 comments:

  1. I love the Yasso bars! I used to eat them all the time in college, I've only tried the fruit flavors (my favorite is raspberry) but I will have to check out these as well! The only problem is it's hard to stick to just one haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like most of the snacks on this list! I've been trying to watch my intake lately so a lot of these are my in between meal snacks.

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need some healthy snack suggestions so this is perfect! I can't wait to try some of these!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top